Friday, November 13, 2009

Boxed-In

Going to school for photography has been one of the most amazing life choices I ever thought to make and typically I love the inspiration that multiple weekly assignments provides. But lately I have felt just plain boxed-in by the thousands of critiques and advice offered by my instructors and fellow students. It's no one's fault just a function of how my perfectionist brain works and the current climate of nearing graduation. 


So on top of all the work I have to accomplish this weekend I'm throwing myself a life preserver and doing a personal shoot tomorrow night... well I guess it's tonight, now. I'm completely giddy about having absolutely no expectations other than my own and it's exactly what I need to get a solid foundation going on my portfolio for next semester. Sometimes more work is just what the doctor ordered.

No comments:

Post a Comment